2013年11月21日 星期四

Parent Workshop on using e-books to help primary one children learn English

"The workshop was a huge success!" 
"Hope they will take action and guide their children to read English books." 



I felt so flattered by their encouraging remarks after this one-hour workshop with parents of Yan Tak Catholic Primary School. 

This was the first time I had sharing with parents of children at such young age. 
They enjoyed reading aloud after the voice over in the ebook so much!! 

The e-books come from Professor Wong Po Choi's project: 
http://e-reading.hk

I started with my personal recount of what I learned from the Taipei experience: the education leaders are aiming at nurturing global citizens and are fast catching up with English teaching and learning. 

Next I did a simple presentation on requirements of a global citizen, demand on our children, what reading can provide and how the second language reading development framework. 

Then we logged into the e-book "I can paint" - Beginner / level 1, and started our fun reading. 

It is a lovely morning. Hallelujah!










沒有留言: